Sunday, September 15, 2013

The end of an era...

It's with great sadness that I have to announce the company I have greatly enjoyed working for over the last eighteen years has had to close:

http://www.develop-online.net/news/45340/Blitz-Games-Studios-closes

I think it impossible to overstate just what a great group of tremendously skilled people we had there producing a huge variety of projects on many diverse platforms.  The games industry is an unforgiving place however and a whole raft of factors conspired against us over the last year or two making it impossible to continue.

I wish everyone from there the very best of luck finding something new and exciting to work on.

3 comments:

  1. Hey guy. So are you finished? I've been checking your site almost daily for the last...ever...hoping that you'll resume your work.

    Hope everything's going alright with you and wish you the best.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris, no I'm not finished thankfully it's just been difficult to find time recently to work on my projects with this and other real-life developments. I have been pottering around again a bit recently though and hope to be able to post again soon with something hopefully of interest.

      Delete
  2. Are you still working on Osiris? I was curious how far you had gotten... Would you ever considering posting any of your procedural generation code as examples for others doing similar work? I am interested in this topic and it looks like you have taken it pretty far!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions or feedback? Here's your chance...